Selecting specific line items to approve by customer on an estimate

dan_rugc
New Contributor II

When is ST going to give us the ability to send out estimates to customers with a line item approval process rather than an all or nothing acceptance?  The good, better, best feature is not feasible when giving multiple options for any one item being serviced off-site back in the plant.  

To give everyone more context, we clean, restore and offer additional services/products for in-plant rug cleaning.  Each customer can send out multiple rugs and each is unique in it's requirements and we don't want to open an invoice for each rug - way too confusing and it will only frustrate customers with all the estimates - plus, it still won't address multiple options.  Ideally, one estimate with all line items with an easy click through for the customer to choose what they want is the preferred method.  I'm confident this feature can be used by many other companies/industries.

Does anyone know if this feature is on ST radar?  I was told two years ago it was in the works!

4 REPLIES 4

dan_rugc
New Contributor II

Thanks Brandi!

brandiCVCSucces
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

I love this idea and can see many benefits.  I will go to the ideas page and give it a like.

michael21
Contributor III

This would probably be better if this were in the ideas section,  Doing a quick search there, there is an idea related to customers approving add on options on estimates.  It is idea I-1022, and it has only 1 vote, so ST probably isn't paying much attention to it.  If that idea is what you are looking for, you might go to the ideas section, find the idea, and either vote for it or add a comment expanding its scope and then vote for it.

Mike M CPA & Operations in KC, (go Chiefs)

dan_rugc
New Contributor II

Thanks Michael.  I'll look in to that.  Perhaps they're not getting many votes because it's so hard to navigate through the vast index of requests/ideas/comments.  I find it hard to believe this feature wasn't dynamic from the beginning.  I had two quotes for pressure washing my house, decks, balconies, patio, fence - stain for one price (option 1) clear coat (option 2).  One quote gave me the ability to pick and choose what I wanted from the estimate and the other was for accepting all work which clearly I didn't want to stain the fence and clear coat it.  Guess which quote I went with?  

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Dan