Split payments on multiple business units

amy_whit
New Contributor II

We noticed that when you receive a payment on one business unit, it cannot be split with an invoice on a different business unit. There are commercial properties and even some residential that will pay multiple invoices with a single check. Without entering every payment separately, how would one go about applying those payments with a single check? You can do it if it's on the same business unit but seems like an issue if it's going to be more than one business unit. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

TheChickenLady
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

When you go to the customer page you can apply payments to multiple invoices or to a customer's account.  The payment doesn't require a business unit.  Payments hit AR and undeposited funds and don't necessarily need a BU.  What is the reason you are wanting it to have a BU?

I have this same issue.  When applying a large payment to multiple invoices where some are one BU and others are a different BU, it makes the BU field at the top of the screen RED and states "Value is Required".  As long as all the invoices have the same BU, this does not happen.  However, I have to click it every time and select the BU once I have an invoice with a different BU being paid by the same payment.  It is time-consuming and frustrating to have to go back to the field to drop down and select the BU.  I would not care if there was a BU attached to the payment, but ST requires it on payments.  I have included the view I get when this occurs.  Any help to prevent this from happening would be greatly appreciated!  🙂

ajester_0-1708716669005.png

kathynielsen
New Contributor

When you go to the customer page you can apply payments to multiple invoices or to a customer's account.  The payment doesn't require a business unit.  Payments hit AR and undeposited funds and don't necessarily need a BU.  What is the reason you are wanting it to have a BU?

ChelseaTitan
Contributor

Could you do this, I wonder, with a Project Invoice?

Dispatch and Office Supervisor - Smelly Mel's Plumbing

Chayo80
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Just so I understand 100% your question and try to give the best answer. You have a check and you are wanting to apply it to multiple invoices and you can't?- or are you referring about selecting multiple BU on the payment /collections screen?

Chayo80_1-1684868596157.png

I have a couple questions, are the invoices under the same Customer/Billing and is the check going to be deposited to the same bank account?

Thanks