What Causes QuickBooks Error 15103 and How Can I Fix It?

MiliRobert
New Contributor

Hello,

I’m experiencing QuickBooks Error 15103 while trying to update my software. This error appears to be related to update issues or file access problems. Has anyone else encountered this? What solutions did you implement to resolve it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1

antonythomas
New Contributor

Hello Mili

I've encountered QuickBooks Error 15103 before when trying to update my software. It's a common issue that occurs when QuickBooks fails to register essential components during the update process. Some key causes include:

• Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks update files
  • Incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer
  • Issues with the Windows registry
  • Outdated or incompatible Windows operating system
  • Unsuccessful previous QuickBooks installations

To resolve QuickBooks Error 15103, I'd recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat file as an administrator to re-register critical DLL and OCX files.
  2. Delete the downloaded update file and download it again to ensure you have a clean, uncorrupted file.
  3. Repair QuickBooks using the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to fix any damaged Windows files.
  4. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and firewall to allow QuickBooks to access the update files.
  5. Perform a clean reinstall of QuickBooks by uninstalling the current version and then downloading and installing the latest version from the official Intuit website.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

quickbooks +1-844-266-9345.png