What are rebate best practices?

mollys
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi All, How are we putting rebates on invoices? These specific rebates are not instant rebates so they will not affect the invoice price. Are we creating a Task and changing the description? Are we just including it in the body of the estimate description?

Thanks in advance.

Molly

Molly J. Fincutter
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MirandaMel

If they aren't affecting the invoice price, I presume they are rebates that you get as a company a bit down the road?  If you are looking for an accurate costing on the jobs to include the rebate, I would create it as a material called rebate and put it as a negative $ amount.  Or if you need to show it on the invoice in order to be able to claim it, then create a task for it.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

MirandaMel

If they aren't affecting the invoice price, I presume they are rebates that you get as a company a bit down the road?  If you are looking for an accurate costing on the jobs to include the rebate, I would create it as a material called rebate and put it as a negative $ amount.  Or if you need to show it on the invoice in order to be able to claim it, then create a task for it.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning