Adding Equipment

asvchesa
New Contributor III

Is there no way to add equipment to a Booked Job once it has been booked?

It is super easy to forget to add the equipment. We should be able to Edit the job if we do forget, or if we are waiting to hear which piece of equipment it is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

laurad_a
New Contributor II

@asvchesaIf I'm getting you question correct (sorry if I'm not) from the job booking screen you can tag existing equipment but once you book how to you tag that job to the existing equipment?  

Look on the job screen, click the "Job Action" blue button and then click "Attach Equipment...." and then there should be a fly out on the right hand side that will allow you to choose from the existing locations equipment list. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

laurad_a
New Contributor II

@asvchesaIf I'm getting you question correct (sorry if I'm not) from the job booking screen you can tag existing equipment but once you book how to you tag that job to the existing equipment?  

Look on the job screen, click the "Job Action" blue button and then click "Attach Equipment...." and then there should be a fly out on the right hand side that will allow you to choose from the existing locations equipment list. 

asvchesa
New Contributor III

THANK YOU!! I certainly had overlooked the capability to do that. 👍

laurad_a
New Contributor II

YAY! You're welcome. 

laurad_a
New Contributor II

Hello asvchesa,  I'm assuming a bit here that your needing to attach new equipment sold from an estimate to a "blank" call? 

If so, what I know has worked for us in the past is attaching the "blank" job to the project with the sold estimate and first job, then in the estimate select all and then click the button that allows you to attach to an existing call which you would then choose the job. 

Hope that helps! 

Laura 

Roman
Contributor II

Hello @asvchesa,

You can click on the invoice number from the job and click on "Add equipment" from left menu.

rgw3
New Contributor

What about from the field standpoint?  My installers can't close out a ticket unless they enter make, model, and serial numbers of all equipment installed that day (and it can be time consuming).  Is there a setting I can adjust to remove this step?

laurad_a
New Contributor II

We've looked into this awhile ago and at the time no you cannot remove that setting. It forces the equipement to be logged so that you can then use other ServiceTitan features. Like Marketing Pro marketing to customers with other units and not spaming new recent installs with promotional marketing. It will be more work to do work arounds then it is for installer to input the equipment details. Best practice is to them to do it and close the job. 

One work around options is to have someone (maybe install coordinator) in the office filling in the some or all of the information beforehand. 

Second, if you really have installers fighting against it. You can have them take pictures of reading plates and then give them permissions to pause appointments. Then the office will put in the informations afterwards and complete the job. But this can get messy. 

asvchesa
New Contributor III

I see that, but what I mean is to add Customer Equipment. When you book a job you can add to that booking the piece of equipment the tech/mechanic will be working on. Once you have booked the job there is no way to add customer equipment to the job/appointment.