Arrival Windows

Jimb1979
New Contributor II

Has there been any thought to creating an arrival window labeled first call.  So many companies only guarantee the first call of the day which is a set time.  Can we create an arrival window label first call instead of an actual time or is there a work around that other dealers use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DaylaPCG
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi there! 

I've seen this version work well...
Create an Arrival Window for say 0800-0830, then you can build out additional windows for either the whole day, half day (think 0830-1200 and 1230-1600), or 2 hour windows. Then if a First Job of the Day is Booked I like using a Tag for "1st Job" on the job so that it shows up on the dispatch board for Dispatcher to see!  The key is having your staff on the same page, and only use that tag if there is an available First Job time slot! 

Dayla Penn
ServiceTitan Certified Coach
Powerhouse Consulting Group

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JaneanS
New Contributor III

I knew arrival windows were going to cause us headaches, and I was right. I'd like to shut the entire feature down. I'd especially like to use appointment times in customer notifications, instead of arrival windows. I'm going to try creating ones with a very narrow window and see if that helps. 

DaylaPCG

Hi Janean!

What specific headaches are you having? I may have some ideas. 

Dayla Penn

JaneanS
New Contributor III

The suggestion above worked perfectly! It has my customer notifications working correctly, it has sped up our job booking process, and I haven't gotten any nasty-grams from customers. There was a hiccup when my GM tried to use Podium instead of ST, but he and I shut off the Podium interface for all notifications except our final survey, and it's working well again. 

DaylaPCG

Hi there! 

I've seen this version work well...
Create an Arrival Window for say 0800-0830, then you can build out additional windows for either the whole day, half day (think 0830-1200 and 1230-1600), or 2 hour windows. Then if a First Job of the Day is Booked I like using a Tag for "1st Job" on the job so that it shows up on the dispatch board for Dispatcher to see!  The key is having your staff on the same page, and only use that tag if there is an available First Job time slot! 

Dayla Penn

e_dunn
Former Titan

Hi @Jimb1979 - great question! @DaylaPCG or @Rachel_Young any thoughts or would this be a suggestion to add to Ideas?