Booking a job off a sold estimate

dphilcox
New Contributor II

We are trying to book a return job to complete sold estimate work. Sometime it provided options to select certain items to book the job from, and other times we can not select anything. How can I get those jobs booked so they are linked to that sold estimate and generate a job from that estimate.

8 REPLIES 8

pblwayne
New Contributor III

I just thought of something else to consider.

When the techs go to close out the job, if it is not complete, they can request another appointment. Appointment requests can be found on the dispatch board (the job will be highlighted with a red boarder, and will show up in the Alerts tab under the table) to let you know you need to schedule a new appointment. Our techs usually request follow ups if they need to go back to finish the job (though sometimes they forget, in which case we manually add a new appointment).

One thing to note, when the tech closes out the job (no requesting another appointment), the invoice is dated for that date. Adding a new appointment after the job is closed (which re-opens the job) does not remove or change the invoice date. If you need the invoice to be dated to the last day of work,  you need to manually change it on the invoice screen.

dphilcox
New Contributor II

Thank you, that is actually really helpful!!

dphilcox
New Contributor II

Ok. Thank you. We will give that a shot. I appreciate your quick response.

Roman
Contributor II

Hello @dphilcox,

There are 2 instances when it might not allow you to select to book a job. 

1. The estimate is not sold yet.

2. The item was booked into a job, the item was deleted later from the invoice and when asked if it will be performed on another job, and "No" was selected.

dphilcox
New Contributor II

So we have a technician who sold estimate work. Some of the work was performed that day on site. The remained of the work is to be performed at a later date. He processed the job through our financing and allocated all the work to the invoice for the first day. We are unable to generate another job off the same invoice for the remainder of the work to get completed and it is causing our financial department to have issues zeroing out the balance.

Hello @dphilcox,

Each job must have a separate invoice. If you want to book the remaining items from the estimate to the same job/invoice, then you can reschedule the appointment, or add a new appointment, dispatch/arrive the technician and they will be able to book the items from the estimate to the same job. They will need to navigate to the estimate and click on perform work now.

pblwayne
New Contributor III

I deal with this all time time. This works. The only time you can't do it is if the invoice has been exported.

dphilcox
New Contributor II

Thanks. 👍