No arrival windows?

TamCSR
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hey everyone!

We're exploring the option of removing arrival windows and just booking clients for a specific day. Our current arrival windows are 8-10 and 1-5. 

Does anyone currently not use set arrival windows? If so, what are the pros and the cons? I imagine a big pro is that our dispatchers can pick and choose the best opportunities in the day, more freedom to send the right tech to the right job but I'm hoping for some advice.

TIA!
Tammy

3 REPLIES 3

jenn_comfortmax
New Contributor III

The only call we guarantee is the first call between 8-9am.  After that you get put on the board for that day and we always call before coming.  We do work with the customers by asking, "do you prefer morning or afternoon" so we can put that in the notes and plan the day that way. 

hailey_c

We currently use 8-12 and 12-4 windows. Along with that we ensure the customer that we will call ahead, and also we work with them on a case by case basis if they have time restrictions. This gives us in the office and the technicians a lot of freedom when it comes to prioritizing calls, completing same day work, etc. We used to use 2 hours windows and constantly got the "Where is my technician?" calls. Sometimes jobs take longer than planned so the 4 hour window has been super helpful to us. We do get pushback on occasion but again, we just assure the customer that we will work with them and give them a heads up call that way they can feel free to go about their day. 

MirandaMel

I think the biggest hurdle you will face will be from customers.  We sometimes get resistance for having 2-4 hour windows.  Other than that, I think you will definitely have greater flexibility with the booking page.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning