Appointment Special Instructions hack

ChelseaAce
New Contributor III

Gooood morning!  I figured out a workaround for making specific appointment types stand out on the dispatch screen!  For now, it is not possible to add a specific tag to an appointment to make a distinction between it, and another type of appointment.  This is important for us when we have a Sewer Repair, then a Final Inspection, then Concrete work at one location, all appointments associated with a project.  Dispatchers need to quickly assess what type of appointment a technician is on to negotiate the possibility of them jumping to another call if needed, or to just plan the day! 

I have discovered a workaround.  This may be old news to others, but I discovered something amazing!

When an appointment is edited, the Special Instruction box allows for HTML.  The HTML code doesn’t seem to work everywhere, but it does work on the appointment when a dispatcher hovers over the appointment. 

Example:  Using the appropriate HTML code, one can turn this:

Final Inspection

To this:  (Using <b> Final Inspection </b>)

Final Inspection

Using this method, you can make it look however you need to catch the eyes of the dispatchers!  Hope it helps 😊

Chelsea Robinson
Projects
Ace Plumbing and Rooter, Inc.

Chelsea Robinson
Ace Plumbing and Rooter
Project Coordinator

"If onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then every day would be Erntedankfest." - Dwight K Schrute
2 REPLIES 2

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

love the use case for html codes! Another great way I've seen it used is in the tech memo, you can use any font type + color to make it stand out on the dispatch board when you hover over a tech profile. You found a great way to make it pop for appts. 

Sheena @ NiFT

Thank you for this!  

Chelsea Robinson
Ace Plumbing and Rooter
Project Coordinator

"If onlys and justs were candies and nuts, then every day would be Erntedankfest." - Dwight K Schrute