CSR/Dispatcher/Permits

Tiffy76
Contributor

Hi!! We are looking for insight on how others split the roles of CSR/Dispatcher.

We are an Plumbing Company that is growing. Looking for ideas / thoughts on having one person as CSR/Dispatcher/Permits, or having one person as a CSR/Permits and one person as dispatcher? 

We have 2 people in the office on phones; 3 plumbing trucks, What are your ideas / thoughts please include in your response how many trucks / staff your company has. 

Tiffy76_0-1718384359981.png

Tiffany Mendez
Office Manager / Genzel Plumbing
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mike8369
New Contributor

We have 10 service trucks between plumbing and HVAC and have one dispatcher and two CSRs. 

View solution in original post

Frankm
New Contributor

As long as you have the right person, they can do CSR/DISPATCH and early in morning send emails to do permitting

gotobrandi
Contributor II

I think your set up makes sense. I do agree with cross training for when people are out sick or when you get busy. Plus teamwork amongst a CSR and dispatcher is key. As you grow those 2 will be able to handle the increase up to a certain point; and you will know when it is time to hire additional support. 

We are an HVAC/Plumbing company and we have 68 field techs and 75+ fleet (we have warehouse runners). 

5 REPLIES 5

gotobrandi
Contributor II

I think your set up makes sense. I do agree with cross training for when people are out sick or when you get busy. Plus teamwork amongst a CSR and dispatcher is key. As you grow those 2 will be able to handle the increase up to a certain point; and you will know when it is time to hire additional support. 

We are an HVAC/Plumbing company and we have 68 field techs and 75+ fleet (we have warehouse runners). 

@gotobrandi  Thank you! This is what I was thinking team work it does make you grow and there is always room to grow within the company when you know all the departments.  

Tiffany Mendez

Tiffy76
Contributor

Thanks @Frankm and @Mike8369 I am having all of them cross trained so everyone knows how to!  

Tiffany Mendez

Frankm
New Contributor

As long as you have the right person, they can do CSR/DISPATCH and early in morning send emails to do permitting

Mike8369
New Contributor

We have 10 service trucks between plumbing and HVAC and have one dispatcher and two CSRs.