Installation Crew Dispatching

afaraj
New Contributor

Our installations technician has trouble with remembering dispatching and arrive to projects. We make a lot of corrections because of it. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to always have your technician dispatch and arrive on time?

5 REPLIES 5

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Our techs don't start getting paid till they dispatch and we use the auto arrive feature. Let them get their first paycheck that you haven't adjusted and maybe they will get better lol 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

wch_alex

I agree with this lol. If the technicians are not responsible enough to start dispatching themselves or other filling out other mandatory fields then reflect that on their paycheck and they will learn fast... Just make sure to adjust their paychecks when they forget because that's just not cool if you don't.

wch_alex

Hi, when it comes to dispatching that is something you will need to keep a close eye on when your techs are supposed to be going to their assigned location and sometimes you might need to watch over them or even call them to make sure they are going where they are supposed to be going. As it goes for arrival, we find it best to use our iPads to auto arrive and when that doesn't work it is also important to make sure they are keeping and eye on it. As of right now this is the best solution we have.

Here is a LINK to the auto arrive feature within service titan.

If this has helped please leave a Kudo or even accept as the answer!

hannahka
New Contributor II

Out of curiosity is there a way to auto-complete a job using GPS? Lol I'm only (partially) kidding. Some of our technicians are worse that when they leave their last job of the day, especially if it is after the office has closed then that job will stay open until the next morning when it's time to go to the next job. But I know this wouldn't be effective if they had to leave the job site to go get parts, etc 

wch_alex

Hi, I did a little more research and I think I found that it's possible your CSM has to activate this feature. Another thing to do is to teach your techs to arrive manually when they get to the job and the auto arrive feature is just a backup. Just make sure you have location services on your iPads or iPhones running in the background as it can cause issues. Another thing I have heard of people doing (including us) is that we "badger" our techs and keep a close eye on the dispatch board to make sure everyone is getting to their 8 am appointments. If you look down your board and it is showing that one of your techs are not dispatched yet then be sure to give them a call.

If this helped please leave a kudo below!