Searching multiple tags at once to filter and/or add new tag exclusion search field

msloan
New Contributor

I work for a garage door company as the installation scheduling coordinator. This job requires me to schedule jobs based on MANY factors. I.E. "Requires 2 People on Install" , "Medium Difficulty" ,  "Cookie Cutter" , "Can Schedule Install" , "Customer Not Ready For Installation". I highly depend upon "tag" searches to find jobs to schedule.
  Currently, in the Job Search section, we can only search one tag at a time. Entering multiple tags into the search field does not currently filter the job search. As of right now, the only way I can filter the search is to play around with the other fields which doesn't benefit me much. The other method I've used is to regularly request the assistance of our (very patient) in house Service Titan expert to create new tags for me as the necessity reveals itself.
  I would GREATLY appreciate the ability to search multiple tags at once for a better job search filter. In addition, having a new search field to potentially search to EXLUDE certain tags would also be very helpful.
  For instance, one of our tags is "Can Schedule". This tag is added when a door is received in warehouse. This way we can keep track of what we have in house. Another tag we have is "Customer Not Ready to Schedule". After I've called a customer to schedule, if they are not ready, I add this tag for everyone to see. 
   If I could search "Can Schedule" and then use an exclusion search field with "Customer Not Ready"... The filter would potentially show me just the jobs I can call NOW as opposed to everything we currently have.
   This post has been a bit long winded... however, I appreciate your time spent reading this. 
"In short... Praise the message..." -  😉 

2 REPLIES 2

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

You could create a report for this, then use filters in the report for "contains" and "does not contain" in the tags column. It's a workaround replacement for the search screen, but it will solve this particular issue.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Thank you for your reply. That would be a solution in most circumstances but unfortunately, running that report requires a date range which would inevitably be too wide in our case.