Internal Customer Notes

John_Stepowoy
New Contributor

I was talking to a customer today and he posed an interesting question: What is internal notes?  It shows up on the customer page and can be edited, but if you put something there, it sort of just seems to float in the ether.  Well I did some investigatory work and determined that is accurate, it isn't reportable or visible to anyone other than on the office side, and even then it's only if you click on the edit customer screen.

Seems like something that might be ripe for future feature improvement...Who knows?  Just thought it was interesting in case anyone else ever wondered...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You're not missing anything. It's basically a very old field from the early days of ServiceTitan. We've discussed removing it, but some customers have a use for it and we don't want to break their workflows. For most people, we recommend not using that field and utilizing regular notes on the job, location, or customer instead. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BCN
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

You're not missing anything. It's basically a very old field from the early days of ServiceTitan. We've discussed removing it, but some customers have a use for it and we don't want to break their workflows. For most people, we recommend not using that field and utilizing regular notes on the job, location, or customer instead. 

wch_alex
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hi, Internal notes are basically for keeping notes on the customer that the customer wont see. For example you can add a note there to not bring up Bosch because the customer hates Bosch equipment and gets quite argumentative. Or within the job notes you can pin a note so a tech can see it and it could be something like, "The owner has pitbulls on the property - BEWARE OF DOG!" or something like that. Those were some extreme examples but can be accurate and helpful.

nicholea
New Contributor II

Hello Alex If I create a pinned note, does the tech see the note the next time the customer books? I created a note and then made a dummy appt for the same customer but nothing triggered a note to see what I had put on the previous job.

wch_alex

So when you pin a note, that is normally for when you pin it to the top of that job. When the office makes a note under the customer name you can put stuff there like I stated above. Sorry for the confusion. It just depends what you want to use your notes for. 

JessicaSmith

John is referring to the Internal Notes field on the Customer edit screen- when you click the pencil to edit the customer itself. It falls right under TAGS. Whatever notes you put here ONLY appear here, so they aren't really helpful to the CSRs or techs. You have to click into the edit customer screen to see them.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions