Schedule on TV

Asantos1tp
New Contributor II

We have a Smart TV on our warehouse and every time we want to open the dispatch board we need to connect a computer to the screen.

Is it possible to put the dispatch board on the TV 24/7?

I tried logging into ST on the TV browser but as soon as I try to log in the page goes white.

4 REPLIES 4

scburns
New Contributor III

Hi everyone! My name is Scott Burns, and I am a Product Manager on the ServiceTitan Dispatch development team. I found this conversation interesting, and I would like to learn more from each of you about how you display the dispatch board. Some questions I have are why you would like to have it on 24/7, who your audience is, why you want to use a TV over a computer monitor, and what information is important to show. 

I will direct message each of you to see if you can spare 30 minutes of your time to hop on a scheduled call at your convenience so that I can understand your use cases better and help support this kind of usage in the future. 

If anyone else has a similar use case or situation and would be willing to talk more about it, too, I would love to speak with you as well! 

HBromberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

We were using an HDMI cord from a laptop to a tv in our call center for a while.  It worked pretty well.  Not sure about a browser on the TV itself however.

KcWakem
New Contributor III

The way we figured out how to handle this in the cheapest way possible was to connect a raspberry pi to the television through an HDMI chord. It runs Linux, and we connect to the web browser and load the dispatch board. If we ever need to change to watch the TV, we just pick a different source on the remote. Hope this helps! 

Asantos1tp
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply!