Scheduling jobs with non-inventory parts

MML
New Contributor II

Hello All,

We just started using ST about 3 weeks ago and were wondering how others were tracking jobs that are awaiting parts before scheduling? 

Are you using tags when the jobs are booked etc?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

MML
New Contributor II

Thanks everyone for the quick responses and great suggestions. I'm going to get with the team and create this workflow. 

rstare
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Here's some other ideas as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI_yV1Z_FU4

While you don't have to get into using Zapier, some of the framework is there so you can visualize how to build a process like this in ST.

AmberC
Contributor II

Agreed! A best practice is to put the job on hold (where it will be in that tab on your job tray, too) and some companies use tags as a visual aid, too. 

rstare

We use the tags method. We have a form that is a parts request form for the techs. This form being completed will auto throw a tag for "order parts". Your team can then get a visual queue to order parts as well as an email alert that can be set up for that form completion as well. When ordered they can change the tag from order part to awaiting part. And then when received from awaiting to received and call to schedule.

JessicaSmith

I've got two options for you

1. Hold & tag- book the job into the system on the date the parts are due to arrive, put it on hold, and tag it with something like "awaiting parts". Have a scheduled report of those jobs arrive to your dispatcher daily for jobs on hold with the tag dated "today" to follow up on the parts.

2. Task management- book the job, hold the job, then create a task in task management for the job, assigned to a dispatcher. Make the due date on the task the expected delivery date of the parts to you.

I personally like option 2 better but there's more than one way to skin a cat!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions