Estimate Summary Requirement

Mark1
New Contributor II

Hello Developers,

We have been on service titan for a few months. I have several technicians that frequently forget to add a summary description to estimates. This is important to help customers understand what is recommended and why they need it. This should be added as a required field to prevent this from being left empty.

Thanks for your assistance with this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bryanna_
New Contributor II

Hello- We have had a similar situation with our technicians. We have them debrief with a dispatcher on every call. This allows the dispatcher to check things like the estimate summary, call summary, check forms, make sure the collected, and material to job. Our estimates mostly have descriptions that auto populate from our price book, but can be edited as see fit. I know it wasn't a direct answer to your question, but though it might be helpful 🙂 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark1
New Contributor II

I originally stated the estimate summary is often left blank by technician in the field, This is important to help the customer understand the solution offered. I see no scenario that this field should be left blank. I'm not sure how this was listed as solved. Adding additional steps for other employees is not an ideal solution. I did not mark this as the solution. A solution would be implementing the requirement for this field. Sounds like a simple solution to add. There are many other places that are required fields with in ST.  There should also be a requirement for invoice summary notes. 

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

This has been suggested as an Idea in the Ideas tab, it shows to be "under construction" but you should go vote for it! 

COMMUNITY-I-1725 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

buzzneil

How many times does this need to be requested  before implemented?  ST is such a huge entity that for an invoice to be generated without invoice details seems ridiculous!  A trigger form doesn't stop them, they just hit yes and navigate thru to close out the job without actually adding invoice summary.

RandiThompson

That idea is actually for job summaries (my bad), you should post an idea for estimate summaries! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

bryanna_
New Contributor II

Hello- We have had a similar situation with our technicians. We have them debrief with a dispatcher on every call. This allows the dispatcher to check things like the estimate summary, call summary, check forms, make sure the collected, and material to job. Our estimates mostly have descriptions that auto populate from our price book, but can be edited as see fit. I know it wasn't a direct answer to your question, but though it might be helpful 🙂