Quoting to Multiple Contractors

TK_OCGD
New Contributor II

Hello, We are running into the problem of trying to right estimates for multiple contractors. We are bidding the same job to multiple contractors and would like a way to just copy it over to each of the clients. I think it would have to be the project that gets copied to each client. The only thing I've seen that duplicates is an estimate into the same project. Is there any way to copy Projects to other clients? It would be such a time saver.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

On the estimate you have built out fully hit actions then export as template. Go to the next contractor start the estimate and hit actions then import. 

image.png

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

RandiThompson

Try removing all the data in the "ID" and "SKU.ID" then reimporting. I think those are auto generated by ST. 

Randi Thompson

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TK_OCGD
New Contributor II

That was it. This is helpful for when you have multiple lines in one estimate. I do still wish there was a way to do this with a project instead of the estimate. Entering all the information about the project then creating the estimate all still takes a lot of time. I do appreciate this solution it will help a lot going forward!😁

TK_OCGD
New Contributor II

This might need to be a whole new topic but I am unable to import the Estimate. I get an Error "This estimate item id could not be found on this estimate" any idea on why I would get this?

RandiThompson

Try removing all the data in the "ID" and "SKU.ID" then reimporting. I think those are auto generated by ST. 

Randi Thompson

RandiThompson

On the estimate you have built out fully hit actions then export as template. Go to the next contractor start the estimate and hit actions then import. 

image.png

Randi Thompson

JessicaSmith

This is a great idea! Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button. Your idea will have an ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx). If you reply to this thread with that ID after you create it, people can easily search for and upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions