Selling Technician

amandaz88
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having trouble searching in the community.  How does everyone handle selling technicians?  Most of our technicians are selling techs so they do not flip leads to our sales people.  How do you handle this?  I had thought about just booking a second call as a sales call for when they are doing a replacement estimate but what happens then if they end up actually doing a repair and they've closed out of the initial service call to do the "sales call".  Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JessicaSmith

I'd have them PAUSE the service job, book & complete the sales call, then resume the service call. They can either complete it at that point or continue working.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

reneem

This is what we do as well! We still book it as a lead, for themselves, we line it up with the repair job on the dispatch board so it is visually easy to see they are doing an estimate for replacement. That also allows you to separate time from service to sales, and reports are much cleaner if they book another job because then you can run their own metrics on closing percentage much easier with a "sales" business unit job!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

amandaz88

So smart!  Thank you 🙂 

JessicaSmith

I'd have them PAUSE the service job, book & complete the sales call, then resume the service call. They can either complete it at that point or continue working.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions