1.855.550.0919 | What is the cancellation policy for American Airlines?

xacatech06
Visitor

American Airlines has a cancellation policy that allows passengers to cancel their flight for free if done within 24 hours of booking, as long as the flight was booked at least 2 days before departure. After the 24-hour window, the cancellation fees depend on the type of ticket purchased. Basic Economy tickets are typically non-refundable and cannot be changed, while Main Cabin, Premium Economy, and Business Class tickets may allow cancellations for a fee or offer travel credit for future use.
For detailed information on cancellation fees and policies, it's recommended to visit American Airlines' official website or refer to their ticket-specific terms.
Can I cancel my American Airlines flight for free?
Yes, you can cancel for free within 24 hours of booking, as long as the flight is at least 2 days away.
What happens if I cancel my Basic Economy ticket?
Basic Economy tickets are usually non-refundable and cannot be changed. You may not receive any refund or travel credit.
Can I get a refund after the 24-hour window?
Refunds after the 24-hour period depend on your ticket type. Some fare types may allow refunds with a fee, while others may not.
What is the fee for canceling a Main Cabin or Premium Economy ticket?
The cancellation fee varies based on your route and ticket type. In some cases, you might receive a travel credit instead of a refund.
How can I cancel my American Airlines flight?
You can cancel your flight through the American Airlines website, mobile app, or by contacting their customer service. Make sure to check your ticket’s specific terms for cancellation options.

0 REPLIES 0