Commercial based forms input?

Leehvac
New Contributor II

Some background before the question. As stated we are a commercial based HVAC-R company. Our techs go out to sites and do service calls. Being commercial most of the time the work needed to fix the equipment needs to be quoted to a corporate company for approval before repairs can be made. We have multiple forms built out for the techs to use while on site. They figure out the issues and what's needed then fill out a form for an estimate to be built by our estimators. On the completion of the job these forms are automatically emailed to our estimators.

Here is the question... 

We have a customer that has one location and 97 pieces of equipment at the site. We do maintenance 4 times a year on every piece of equipment which takes weeks. The customer needs a sheet for every piece of equipment at the completion of the maintenance. The info on this sheet would be the building, unit number, unit manufacturer, unit model number, unit serial number, several entries on what was done during maintenance, summery on condition and recommended repairs, etc. Initially I thought I could build out forms for the tech to fill out on each piece of equipment that way I could have all the standard unit and space info in it already so its much faster in the field saving the company labor. My issue is I cant build 97 forms (or one big form with 97 units) and publish them and have it clog up what the techs are working off of every day at all sites. Is there a work around to make them only viewable to the office staff and then attach them or trigger them to a specific job or location only? It would be perfect if I could build location specific forms that are only available for that location!

Thanks for any input!

9 REPLIES 9

Dave
Contributor

I'm in the exact same boat.  I'm going to be keeping my eyes on this thread.

Leehvac
New Contributor II

Vote in the ideas area please!

Just sent an email to the rest of my office.  I wish I could put lights and bow around this!

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

But for your original question, you can make ONE form, and then the tech can duplicate it as many times (97!) as they need to in order to have one form for each piece of equipment. Call in "LOCATION NAME INSPECTION FORM" or something.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Yes I can do that but I was hoping to enter all the unit and site info on them so its faster for the techs out in the field. I know that I can set the form up  to auto populate most of that info but then they have to have each piece of equipment entered in the system and find it in the list of equipment then go into that particular piece of equipment to start the form for it to auto populate the info. I guess that's not the end of the world though. I suppose I could build out the form or forms how ever I want and then just have it active just during the maintenance for that site too.

JessicaSmith

Submit an idea for the location-specific forms, that's a great idea! 

How to submit an idea: 

Share this idea with ServiceTitan's Product team via the Ideas board. At the top of this screen, click on the IDEAS heading. Then click the ADD A NEW IDEA button. Your idea will have an ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx). If you reply to this thread with that ID after you create it, people can easily search for and upvote your idea!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

Done!

JessicaSmith

Found it. Voted. Here's the link for others! COMMUNITY-I-1992 

Thank you!