Contact Information

ancampbell
New Contributor

Since the new update you can no longer update phone numbers from landline to mobile and vise versa without having to delete the number and readd it to the account - no longer auto updates the location when you correct the customer profile either. With the emails, if you want to turn on invoice statements you have to go a completely different section to check the box, then go back in and check the box under the email for the customer to receive invoices. 

4 REPLIES 4

hce_rose
New Contributor II

I am so happy that someone understands what I am saying. Here's to hoping for a fix. 

Rose Carl
rcarl@callhomecomfort.com
Home Comfort Experts

F_Altares
New Contributor II

I made my own post without realizing there was one created already:

The issue being experienced is in regards to filling out information to add a new customer in to the system during call booking.

If I add a customer's name, address, and phone number (usually the one the call came in on) to the initial appropriate fields before clicking the add new customer button, that information becomes unchangeable until you leave the page to go edit (usually after the call has ended). 

Sometimes halfway through a call a customer will decide to give me their significant other's name, or decide to change the phone number they're providing, or due to a thick accent the name was misspelled but then corrected. When this happens and the new information is added on the slide out screen, the informational changes are not saved, after clicking save. The information on the call booking screen is. 

i.e John Smith cannot become John & Jane Smith if I've already clicked the button

Or

A personal cell phone number gets stuck as the call number, when the customer decided they only want the business phone number on the account or want to give us their significant other's number instead.

This is leading me to have to go back in to the account afterwards and edit things (on both the customer and location pages) which is time consuming, and hoping that I was smart enough to write down the information somewhere else knowing the system isn't going to save it for me.

But it's also causing issues on sending out notifications:

- If you don't catch that the edited information isn't corrected, then a notification will get sent out to the wrong number or email. (I could click to turn notifications off for the call booking before fixing, fix the issues, and then go back into the job page and re-send booking notifications.)

Additionally: The phone number is defaulted to a mobile option, and cannot be changed to a landline option unless leaving the call booking screen and going in to edit the number in the customer/location page (which means creating a new number and deleting the old number).

There are far too many additional steps being introduced in order to assure accurate contact information for customers. Most of which could be eliminated by making sure that the new slide out screen saves changes during a call. 

hce_rose
New Contributor II

It would be nice if you could have it to just drag and drop the order, that would match on both the customer and service page. It is not user-friendly to adjust the information. We could also use a box to check that they do not have email addresses, you have to put in a fake one and then go back and change it. Takes extra time. If anyone has any tips on if this please let me know. 

Rose Carl
rcarl@callhomecomfort.com
Home Comfort Experts

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I hadn't noticed that with the phone type being unable to change...good catch, I am sure others are having this issue too.

I have found that we don't have to select the check box in order for customers to get invoices, just that they have notifications on, but it seems many are having that issue.  

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning