Preferred Technician Except the Opposite

sanapol
New Contributor

While it doesn't happen often, we recently received a request NOT to send a specific technician - I'd like to put a note in the customer record so they don't have to mention this every time, but I don't want the note visible to be technicians.  We'll have a debrief with the technician, but I don't believe every other technician who works on this customer in the future is aware of their request not to work with a specific technician.   How did you note the record if you've had to deal with this previously?  

2 REPLIES 2

KRH1228
New Contributor

This has happened once to us and I just put a more experienced tech as there preferred tech, no one in the company thinks otherwise.

Steveng
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

There are multiple ways to keep track.  I would recommend custom fields (customer or location) or tags to identify customers that do not want certain techs.  Another factor to look at is other team members see that and create gossip or other techs etc.  So I would recommend working with a few folks and do your best to be discrete about it to salvage internal relations.  I only add that because I have seen office folks run a NO Tech Name search and then shared how many customers did not want this specific tech.  Neither employee works here anymore but it did create some inhouse drama.  My recommendation would be a non-identifying nomenclature No PSG (plumbing - Steven Garcia nomenclature to prevent nosey team members).  Hope this helps :-).   We no longer do this workflow but do add notes when they have specific tech concerns.