Updated Customer & Location Page Design

aquamark
New Contributor III

We are extremely unhappy with the new layout design for both the Customer Page and the Location Page. While there are many great things about Service Titan, it feels as though random aesthetic changes that no one requested are being implemented instead of the numerous other modules that could be improved.

This new layout design actually makes things more difficult. For the Location Page, to have the notes, jobs, invoices, recurring, and equipment sectioned off in the report style crunches the text together and prohibits quick glancing at reports. We are used to clicking in and out of jobs at quick pacing and being able to see equipment without having to scroll or only using a single tab. This I not even covering the atrocious viewing of the Recurring Services.

This update in design makes not only the workflow less efficient but it also creates the opportunity for more errors. While having the design more organized can be understood, the older format allowed for freedom of movement. The multiple report sections creates for a jumpy page, the side panel does not help in navigation, and attempting to switch back and forth between linked Location and Customer Pages is exceedingly difficult. In fact, it is just plain horrible.

For the Customer page, the design creates a much more difficult workflow. When we are trying to assist with customers, having everything in a more open display creates for easy customer communication. It also allows for multiple people within the office to view the same items or search an account quickly. The report like sections limit the view, cut off information, make it extremely difficult to access the linked Location Page, and creates a general distortion of the page’s information.

I understand the reasoning behind the design shift. I understand thinking that the ability to filter information would be preferred. However, this is not the way to do it. It does not increase out success, our workflow, or assist our customers. I appreciate being able to switch back to the old design. The same can be said for the new design flow of the Search Page. While the thought it appreciated, we would much prefer the larger issues of Mapping having a limited view, Inventory Details showing incorrectly, limitations in Reports, and other bugs we have been requesting for years be fixed before more aesthetics are changed. And when they are changed, perhaps end users from ALL fields of business should be consulted prior to their implementation. For those who rely more on the Desktop version, these changes are vastly underwhelming and difficult to work with. For now, we will be happily using the old design and hoping that the new one will not become a permanent feature.

27 REPLIES 27

aquamark
New Contributor III

I feel overall that it's easier if the tabs on the left side took you into those specific areas. So, Location, takes you to the location page. The Invoices prompts you down to that section to it would make sense that selecting location took you to the location side. 

@aquamark thank you for the clarification. Let me say that the reason we decided to redirect to the table rather than the location page itself from the left side navigation menu is that there might be customers that have multiple locations and it's hard to determine to which location page to redirect in that case. As for customer having a single location attached to them, I understand your request, however the number of locations attached to the customer may increase in which case it will become difficult to understand to which location page to redirect from left side navigation menu.

pblwayne
New Contributor III

Good morning. While I respect your views and concerns, I disagree with the general assessment. My team finds the new layout much more efficient. Yes, it will take some time to get used to the new workflow, but the ability to filter and sort the sections, for us, is game-changing.

You did mention using the desktop version (I didn't know there was such a thing), so perhaps the changes truly are a step-backwards. We use the online site, and find it to be simple amazing. You also mentioned using the link to switch back to the old version, which is what I was going to suggest. But from what BCN said in his YouTube video (Blue Collar Nerd) about the changes, it will be permanent, and the option to switch back will not always be available.

I think the biggest change needed to the section tables is to be able to edit the display columns. There are fields in there we simply don't need to see at a glance. Being able to change the default grouping on the tables that have a default in them is also needed. This is the 1st phase of the updates, so perhaps they will address these (and other) items in future releases.

I would suggest use the old version when needed, but have your office employees take a little bit of time to get more familiar to the new design and gradually transition over to it. It may take a week or two, but once you're familiar with it, you may find that it actually is a more efficient workflow.

@pblwayne Hello, I am the Product Analyst of CRM team. Thank you for your feedback. Can you please specify what you mean by "to be able to edit the display column"? Do you mean to be able to change the order of columns on the table or something else? Besides, can you please specify what you mean by "Being able to change the default grouping on the tables that have a default in them"? Do you mean changing the columns selected as default to be frozen on tables or something else?

pblwayne
New Contributor III

Hello, @VTumanya.

For the table columns, yes, and more. Currently, from what I can see, there is no way to change the order of the columns in the tables. Also, there is no option to change the displayed columns, so we are stuck with the columns in the table that were chosen for us.

As for the grouping, some of the tables (such as Opportunities and Estimates) have a default 'Group By" set (in this case, by the Opportunity #). We would rather not have it grouped by default (and to relate to the above issue, we really don't need to see the Opp#  in the table, so we'd want to remove that from the displayed columns).

@pblwayne hello, thank you for taking time to answer to my questions. The 1st request related to table columns order and column addition/removal is fully understandable, so we'll try to think about the solutions and let you know. Regarding the 2nd request, I understood about which feature you are talking about, but I have a question which can help us understand more about the use case. Correct me if I understood incorrectly, but from what I have understood, you want to see certain tables without having them grouped by any column. If so, we have the option of removing the grouping from the table if you want to just see the table not grouped by any column, you just need to remove the column from "Grouped by" field. If the inconvenience for you is that you don't want to always remove the default column which occurs in "Grouped by" field and you want to have the option to set the default as not grouped by any column and leave "Grouped by" field empty, we'll think about solutions and let you know, but please specify which of these 2 is causing you inconvenience.

pblwayne
New Contributor III

Good morning, @VTumanya . In regards to the 2nd request, the second one you described is what we'd like to see happen. we don't want to have to remove the default Group By every time we go to a page and work in that section.

@pblwayne great, thank you for the information. We'll think about possible solutions and let you know as soon as possible.