Acknowledgement and Authorization Paragraphs being changed on past invoices, Legal issue?

chrisp_g
New Contributor

Hello,

Our company recently made changes to our terms and conditions. We use the Business Unit “Acknowledgement” and “Authorization” paragraphs for terms and conditions on our estimates and invoices. You can find these settings under the Business Units settings page.

After making the switch, I needed to go back and look at what our old one looked like and I noticed that past invoices and estimates had the new acknowledgement/authorization paragraphs, even dating back 3-4 years.

This is to me a huge issue. Essentially our terms and conditions have been updated and changed on past contracts that have already been signed and approved by customers. We also have no way of looking at the original contract unless it was printed out at the time of the work. 

I reached out to service titan and they said that this is the way it works, not a glitch. 

I can’t imagine that this is legal; to make changes to signed contracts by customers without their knowledge. 

Is there another spot people are putting their terms and conditions where they cannot be changed on past documents, or are you using the acknowledgment and authorization paragraphs? Because if you are, any changes you make to them are affecting past contracts with your customers. 

2 REPLIES 2

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If you look at the audit trail of a job, find an instance where you sent the invoice to the customer and you can click on the link in the audit trail and it should show you historically what was sent to that customer at that point.   Works with all documents sent to the customer.  Hope that helps.

Element Mist

AKUMP

Following. Just tested this out in ST next and its shocking that this is possible. 

Angela Kump
Jr. Sys Admin - Bonney