Logging a Task for a customer who doesn't have any jobs

HHertziger
New Contributor II

We are a landscape lighting company so in our off season we get calls from people that want to have us come out for a quote in the spring.  Right now we are entering them into ST as a customer and then putting them on an excel spreadsheet to track who we need to call.

Is there a way to log a task for these customers in ST without booking a job?  

We were thinking about just booking an info only job for them but weren't sure if there was a better way to go about this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MarshallH
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

From the task management screen, on the right side click "add task".  You can then create a task attached to the customer but leave the job field empty.  Another route would be to schedule that customer for spring while you have them on the phone.  They can always call and change the appointment.  It would save you from having to do a follow up or contact them to schedule.  Service titan will send out a 24hr reminder if setup in your system.  I try to discourage the office from using Excel (as lovely as it is) for anything if I can find a way to do it inside Service Titan.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

HHertziger
New Contributor II

Thank you, this is EXACTLY what I needed.  I too prefer to use Service Titan instead of excel.  It's so much easier to track things vs trying to hunt down exactly the right spreadsheet.

MarshallH

From the task management screen, on the right side click "add task".  You can then create a task attached to the customer but leave the job field empty.  Another route would be to schedule that customer for spring while you have them on the phone.  They can always call and change the appointment.  It would save you from having to do a follow up or contact them to schedule.  Service titan will send out a 24hr reminder if setup in your system.  I try to discourage the office from using Excel (as lovely as it is) for anything if I can find a way to do it inside Service Titan.