We need to copy email addresses from the location profile to the customer profile?

ACarl
New Contributor

We have thousands of records that have email addresses in the location but not in the customer profile. Who has the authority to copy data from one database table to another?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TFreeman
New Contributor III

Yeah, currently the best way to do a bulk database edit would be to have the Success Manager submit a data task to the data engineers. I’d recommend a clear and detailed request along with an excel sheet with the necessary information. So if you want to copy email addresses from locations to customers, I would recommend exporting a list of the location IDs with associated email addresses. This can be pulled from a custom report on the Locations dataset. The request can then be something like “copy the email addresses from these locations and if the email address doesn’t already exist, paste into the customer ID on which this location is attached. 
Make sure you only include email addresses you really want copied. For example, you may not want to paste tenant email addresses on the customer/bill to record. 
For transparency, data task requests can take a few weeks to process once received. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

scottf_GBO
Contributor II

You would have to ask your CSM... they should be able to set that up for you

Scott Forbes
Custom Climate Concepts

My CSM only ever refers me to the community. Not really helpful, but we'll try again.

TFreeman
New Contributor III

Yeah, currently the best way to do a bulk database edit would be to have the Success Manager submit a data task to the data engineers. I’d recommend a clear and detailed request along with an excel sheet with the necessary information. So if you want to copy email addresses from locations to customers, I would recommend exporting a list of the location IDs with associated email addresses. This can be pulled from a custom report on the Locations dataset. The request can then be something like “copy the email addresses from these locations and if the email address doesn’t already exist, paste into the customer ID on which this location is attached. 
Make sure you only include email addresses you really want copied. For example, you may not want to paste tenant email addresses on the customer/bill to record. 
For transparency, data task requests can take a few weeks to process once received.