What Causes QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 and How Can I Fix It?

cofete3508
New Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm encountering QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 and can't seem to resolve it. The error appears when I try to sync my bank account. Has anyone else faced this issue? What steps did you take to fix it? Any guidance or solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joywilson678
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 indicates a problem with connecting to your bank account, typically disrupting the flow of data between QuickBooks and your financial institution.

Factors Leading to QuickBooks banking error 101:

1. Bank Maintenance: Your bank may be undergoing maintenance or technical issues.
  2. Incorrect Credentials: Login details may be outdated or incorrect.
  3. Browser Issues: Browser settings or cached data can interfere with the connection.

Comprehensive solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 101:

1. Verify Bank Status: Check if your bank’s website is accessible and operational.
  2. Update Credentials: Ensure your login information in QuickBooks is current and correct.
  3. Clear Cache: Clear your browser’s cache and cookies or switch to a different browser.
  4. Reconnect Account: Go to the Banking section in QuickBooks, select your bank, and re-link your account.

If problems persist, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

joywilson678
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Online Error Code 101 indicates a problem with connecting to your bank account, typically disrupting the flow of data between QuickBooks and your financial institution.

Factors Leading to QuickBooks banking error 101:

1. Bank Maintenance: Your bank may be undergoing maintenance or technical issues.
  2. Incorrect Credentials: Login details may be outdated or incorrect.
  3. Browser Issues: Browser settings or cached data can interfere with the connection.

Comprehensive solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 101:

1. Verify Bank Status: Check if your bank’s website is accessible and operational.
  2. Update Credentials: Ensure your login information in QuickBooks is current and correct.
  3. Clear Cache: Clear your browser’s cache and cookies or switch to a different browser.
  4. Reconnect Account: Go to the Banking section in QuickBooks, select your bank, and re-link your account.

If problems persist, contact QuickBooks support for further assistance.