Barcodes for Inventory and Stock

mwhanson1
New Contributor

Hi guys! We are new to service titan, and we are trying to figure out how to use our barcode stickers for inventory items. The guys in the field are complaining about having to search our pricebook for the part, when the part is available with a bar code on it. 

Any thoughts on how to integrate barcodes? 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

JennyS
New Contributor II

I can scan a barcode in the Inventory app and it finds the item but not sure how to actually use it yet to receive or pull materials.
I would love to hear if anyone knows how to use it.

josh_via
New Contributor III

How did you add barcodes to be recognized?
It seems a list of barcodes needs to be entered or originally set up.

Not sure if you can answer this or not. Either way, I appreciate it.

mike_ipa
New Contributor II

has anyone actually tried Barcodes yet? we have the option of going outside of ST but thats another program. we want to stay inside ST. 

Michael Taggert

danielluck
New Contributor

Does ServiceTitan have plans for the future to implement a fully functional integrated scannable barcode system that our warehouse can manage?

The comments here indicate there is some functionality, but its functions are limited.

mike_ipa
New Contributor II

has this happened yet?

Michael Taggert

Still very new, barcodes can be added, but seems like there's no way of scanning and adding item counts as of yet.

Nikita Pavlenko, The Water Shed.

codybumpus
New Contributor III

Barcodes were just added but the functionality seems limited right now.

jessylong
New Contributor III

I can't wait for this to be a thing but I did hear that this might be a thing next year and I know I will be super excited about a barcode system. 

Endie Long

reneem
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

this was slated to be in Beta Q1 of next year! fingers crossed. But in the meantime try to make searching for materials as simple as possible. We added all our materials into sub categories that make sense, then in the sub category by size. Really helps to make sure it is easily findable and searchable!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member