Bin Locations

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

https://ideas.community.servicetitan.com/ideas/COMMUNITY-I-1162

I posted this idea back when I was at a different company with different user name.  I am still hoping to get some votes on this.

Most inventory systems have a bin location system that is tied to the material/equipment.  It can have more than one bin location (ex: warehouse has one location, truck #1 has another, etc...).  It would be a useful tool for companies that have larger warehouses.

I know there is bin tracking in ST but I only see it when I run the templates.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Denthedog2001
New Contributor

Hi Miranda, i totally agree with you on this subject. We have quite a few inventory locations what with trucks on the road and the main shop inventory. Over the last year i have been building a parts list in ST and have created all the warehouses. I know what is on each truck and at present not the bin location in the truck. The main warehouse is full of material and i know what is in there, again no bin location within that warehouse. I can search for an item in the inventory tab and that will tell me how many are available and if i click on the item selected it will break that down further and show where that item is. with regards to which warehouse has it. Now if the boss comes in and says do we have any ........ i can say yeah we have 50 in this warehouse! but where? what shelf is it on? good luck on that! My suggestion to ST is to add a column on the item page showing a bin location not just what warehouse its in. Don't you agree? People we need votes for this to happen so please vote vote vote!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Denthedog2001
New Contributor

Hi Miranda, i totally agree with you on this subject. We have quite a few inventory locations what with trucks on the road and the main shop inventory. Over the last year i have been building a parts list in ST and have created all the warehouses. I know what is on each truck and at present not the bin location in the truck. The main warehouse is full of material and i know what is in there, again no bin location within that warehouse. I can search for an item in the inventory tab and that will tell me how many are available and if i click on the item selected it will break that down further and show where that item is. with regards to which warehouse has it. Now if the boss comes in and says do we have any ........ i can say yeah we have 50 in this warehouse! but where? what shelf is it on? good luck on that! My suggestion to ST is to add a column on the item page showing a bin location not just what warehouse its in. Don't you agree? People we need votes for this to happen so please vote vote vote!

darlenep
New Contributor II

Voted!

spetrie
Contributor II

Voted!

JessicaSmith

Voted!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

MirandaMel

Thank you!!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Miranda

Voted! 

Miranda Hufford, Office Manager @ Red Barn Service, LLC

MirandaMel