Inventory Tracking - Refrigerant

horne_mmccue
New Contributor

How are folks around here tracking inventory via Service Titan for Refrigerant?

I figure tracking it by the lb and purchasing accordingly makes sense, but our techs will bill it by a flat rate in a quantity of 1, 2, 3, etc. So if they charge 1.4 lbs, for example, it will be logged as 2. Clearly if we were to do that for partial charges we'd see consumption hit 25lbs before actually utilizing 25lbs.

The tech will know they have refrigerant in the cylinder, but inventory management is going to think they need more gas........ Charging exact rate instead of the tiered rate is not likely to be in the cards.

So is it worth tracking refrigerant at this level? Or should that just be a "Consume at transfer" item to be dealt with as needed? (Seems like I might be answering my own question.... but am curious as to how others approach it).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

I think you did answer yourself for the best way to do it.  I think that is going to work out better than trying to get any more granular.  You could also do stock adjustments on a weekly basis to get better ideas on replenishments.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

horne_mmccue
New Contributor

Thank you. 🙂

MirandaMel

I think you did answer yourself for the best way to do it.  I think that is going to work out better than trying to get any more granular.  You could also do stock adjustments on a weekly basis to get better ideas on replenishments.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning