Job Type Class - Does this give an error if you try to book a job in the same class?

kennethmiller
New Contributor II

We are an irrigation company that utilizes prepaid memberships along with pay-per-service jobs based on where we are in the season, i.e. we are getting ready to start up systems. 

We are having an issue where a startup job, for example, is booked as a recurring service because they have not signed up on a membership plan, but if they do sign up for a membership and the new prepaid recurring services are added, it leaves the pay-per-service on there without any sort of error. In essence, we are having to evaluate each booked job to see if there are duplicate jobs out there. 

I am wondering if the "Class" under the job type would give an error whenever that happened or if this is just cosmetic. If it does not cause an error to happen, I would like to submit this as an idea to group job types together so that we do not run into the issue of duplicate jobs of the same sort being booked.

2 REPLIES 2

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @kennethmiller

Great idea! The best place to post this is going to be on our ideas page: https://community.servicetitan.com/t5/Ideas/bd-p/ideas

Be sure to come back here and share the Idea ID (COMMUNITY-I-xxx) so others can upvote your idea!

Thank you! The idea has been submitted with #COMMUNITY-I-3230.