Service Parts Install. Technician to return with a part to install.

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

If I have a service technician that is on a call that he is unable to complete at that time due to he needs to order a part to go back and complete. Is there a way to flag that in service titan to notify the office of this so we know the technician ordered a part that we should be expecting and then to set up for the technician to go back and install?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Have you tried to use the "Task Management" feature next to the blue drop down on the job screen? we have started to use that and it constantly reminds you....another option we were doing was created an alert, for a task type used... created a task "Needs Parts" so it would send an email alert to the office. that was good, but I like Task Management WAY better. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

user_4411
New Contributor II

Currently we manually add a "parts ordered" or "parts here" tag to the job that the purchase order is connected to, we also get a scheduled report every morning with jobs with those two tags on. Then dispatch can see what jobs we are ready to return to. 

I would like a way that once a purchase order is created, it can add that tag automatically and then when it is fully received it can change the tag to "parts here". I would prefer to have a business unit option for this trigger, that way I choose to only do this for our service side. 

titan_we
New Contributor II

you can have the tech leave it done for now with a note so that the office can follow up

Previous Contributor
Former Community Member

Have you tried to use the "Task Management" feature next to the blue drop down on the job screen? we have started to use that and it constantly reminds you....another option we were doing was created an alert, for a task type used... created a task "Needs Parts" so it would send an email alert to the office. that was good, but I like Task Management WAY better. 

Previous ContributorPrevious Contributor
Former Community Member

"Done for Now" and create a Tag "Parts on Order" so you easily find it, or pull a report for it.

jbehrman
New Contributor II

Jennifer,

Right now we have been using the "Done for Now" feature for this situation. It doesn't send any alerts, though. It will be flagged on the dispatch board in yellow. Please let me know if you find another way to flag this situation!