MEMBERSHIPS MISSING "NEXT BILLING DATE"

sheila_a
New Contributor II

I recently took over our memberships, and discovered some possible issues.  We want to auto-renew everyone, but I am confused as to that process. It was my understanding that with some "back end" work like creating billing rules and such that this could work for us.  However, I've discovered that none of our customer's memberships have a date on their membership in the Next Bill Date field.  Can someone enlighten me on what to do?  Are our memberships set up wrong?  Is there a setting somewhere else I need to update?  I've been playing in NEXT and nothing is working.  

3 REPLIES 3

robert_y
New Contributor II

Take a look at the duration/billing setting of the memberships themselves.  You'll want to pay attention to the option of Bill Frequency.  Depending on the frequency (Monthly, Every other Month, Quarterly etc.) it will show you the next billing cycle when the membership is applied.  Hope this helps! 

sheila_a
New Contributor II

The issue is that we had them set up as "fixed, 12 months, upfront".  When i changed it to "Fixed 12 months Annually", that worked.  Now my issue becomes any memberships sold prior to the change, do not have the next billing date.  Obviously, all that we sell moving forward will have it, but I don't see a way to change the current memberships.  

Where did this show up for you? I made the change but the invoice doesn't show next billing date yet.