Membership Estimate Conversion to Memberships! (Not possible in office, only out in the field)

hussein_
New Contributor

Howdy Titans!

Here's my issue.

We can email a customer an estimate for a membership but if that customer approves the membership estimate we cannot convert this estimate into an actual membership. 

It's so ridiculous! Can we get the good people at ST to put this into development like stat, as in yesterday, as in how is this not a standard!

Give it a thumbs up if you agree!!! 👍

4 REPLIES 4

Alyssa
New Contributor III

Once a customer accepts our membership estimates, the membership is automatically created in ST for us... not sure how to set this up, but it is possible. We set specific membership tasks to automatically create a membership when they are sold on an estimate.  

timothy_1
New Contributor II

I would be very interested to find out how to set that up. Can you share the steps to get there?

Roman
Contributor II

Hello @hussein_,

The estimates must be booked into a job from office side in order for it to convert. Alternatively you can manually add the membership to customer profile after the sale. 

You can post this idea at https://community.servicetitan.com/t5/Ideas/bd-p/ideas and other users will be able to vote for it to be implemented in future releases.

hussein_
New Contributor

Hey Roman!

I appreciate the feedback. We actually have tried work arounds like this in the past, but essentially that's all they are, work arounds. When we did create a "membership conversion" job to convert sold memberships the service and finance departments informed me that we would be messing with there tracking metrics. (Jobs books, jobs completed) Also when you do it manually, you have an estimate just sitting in the sold status, waiting to be booked, and ultimately there's just unnecessary backend work.  

I think a more concrete solution would be for the developers at ST to allow membership estimates to be converted into a membership and not just a job. The same accessibility that is given to a tech out in the field should be given to a CSR behind a computer.