Tracking Sold Memberships

DawnFinch
New Contributor

Since we went live with our memberships we have noticed that they are not being tracked correctly on Service Titan. Typically we will have a technician who goes out to provide an estimate for work. Sometimes if the job is small enough they will complete the work on site. So they will create an estimate with the membership on it, and hit "install now" and then the membership and the work goes to the ivoice. In this situation, Service Titan will show this as a sold membership on the technician scorecard. However most of the time the estimate is converted to a job that will be installed at a later date. When this occurs, the technician scorecard is not counting this as a sold membership by that technician. I dont understand this, it is just like any other task on the estimate, once other tasks are sold ST recognizes who sold them and gives them credit for them before they go on the invoice. So why would it not be the same for memberships? Service Titan should fix this so that a sold membership counts on the technician scorecard regardless of whether the membership was sold for install now or install later. A membership should not have to close out on the invoice that same day for it to count as a sold membership on the tech scorecard. 

4 REPLIES 4

JessicaSmith
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

The start date of the membership is the date on the invoice where it is sold (not the estimate. The credit for the membership will be shown on that date.

I'd recommend selling the membership on the first visit and the rest of the work on the date you go back.

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

alyssae
New Contributor III

I agree with @JessicaSmith . The best solution I have seen is to create a separate estimate that includes just the membership task and sell that estimate same day, or simply add the membership task to that days invoice and collect. 

DawnFinch
New Contributor

Currently it is set to: "Create and activate membership plan When this task is added to an invoice, it will generate a new membership for the customer" 

This was set up by our CSM. The only other option I see if "Do Nothing". Will changing the workflow to "Do nothing" allow us to still activate these memberships and also give the technician credit for the sale of the membership on thier scorecard regardless of whether the work is installed on site or at a later time? 

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @DawnFinch -- can you confirm that the service task used to sell or renew a membership has the proper workflow to either create or renew the membership? I wonder what the thought behind perform work now or later has to do with activation or renewal of a membership. 

Sheena @ NiFT