Mobile App: Adding and Renaming Pictures

amy_whit
New Contributor II

Multiple technicians have indicated that adding pictures is a huge pain. They've stated that they need to click on the Camera Icon to add a picture, and once it's added, they need to then go back into the camera icon to do it again. On larger projects, they're adding 20+ pictures and it can become very time consuming. Additionally they're not able to adjust the name of the picture prior to adding it. 

After they add a picture they have to go into the history to edit the pictures and then scroll down (and they cannot see any timestamps of when each picture has been added like the office can) and then can edit from there. 

Regarding a suggestion, I feel like there should be a way for  the mobile app users to select multiple photos from their tablet/phone at a time and be able to name them prior to adding the photo. That or if it's going to be one photo at a time, it shouldn't take them back to the main job and they shouldn't have to keep clicking on the camera icon. They should be able to stay in that "window" and continue to add and rename pictures until they're done. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the upload size capability or what if that's not an issue, it would be a nice change for the technicians. 

Additionally, it would be nice to have them see some sort of timestamp on the pictures that are added for larger jobs that are multiple days long.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheChickenLady
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

My favorite quicker way to add is to use phone capture.  Your phone has a better camera and flash.  do all the pics on your phone, click the camera icon on the job, click phone capture.  It will then text them so they can attach all pics very quickly and shoot them back into the job.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TheChickenLady

My favorite quicker way to add is to use phone capture.  Your phone has a better camera and flash.  do all the pics on your phone, click the camera icon on the job, click phone capture.  It will then text them so they can attach all pics very quickly and shoot them back into the job.