Non-Job Jobs or Mobile Task Management Forcing Technician actions and alerts

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please vote for this idea if you like it and get your friends to upvote it as well!!!

COMMUNITY-I-2120

We have used what I like to call Non-Job jobs for years to force a technician to perform some action before they can see their next job.  For the vast majority of our technicians, they can only see one job at a time and so booking these operational or non-job jobs on them, allows us to force the behavior we want and have all the reporting capabilities of a job.  Simple example of this is that a customer calls into the office and requests the tech to call them back to answer some questions about the estimate they left.  Prior to this work flow, we would send the tech a message and hope they called with zero visibility if that actually occurred and would get into a he said-she said with the tech trying to prove they called and the customer denying and getting angry.  When we started booking these operational non-job jobs, we could see if a tech called, hear the recording and when the customer called back, enable our CSRs to handle it without continuing the communication hamster wheel.  We also use these non-job jobs for operational issues by forcing a technician to answer a question and then setting alerts for the appropriate department when he job is completed.  For example, if my inventory manager notices a technician didn't add the proper materials to a job, he can book a non-job job on the tech for that customer and ask the tech to put in the notes of the new operational job which materials they used.  The tech is forced to complete this action because they need to clear this job out before they can get to their next one and then my inventory manager gets an alert via email when the job is completed, can go in and see what materials the tech put in the note, and then add and complete the original job.  These operational non-job jobs are nonconvertible by default so they don't hurt my performance metrics but they still add job count but being able to hear call recording, get alerts when completed and use all the functionality available within a job has proven to be very powerful.  I have seen a couple of ideas around mobile task management and I think that would be good but if development goes that way, it would be nice if the task would have a due date that would then force the technician to complete if they are past the due date before they could run any jobs.  I would also want to make sure they have the ability to have calls recorded to customers on these tasks, answer questions the office may have, etc.  Service Titan is the main way we communicate with our technicians and being able to force behaviors would be extremely helpful to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.  We have even used items like this during open enrollment to put an operational job on guys at the deadline before open enrollment to make sure they go in and select or decline benefits.  We set this as the very last job of the night and if I get an alert that they completed the operational job but didn't actually go in and perform the action, there is hell to pay but this allows us to really manage a workforce that rarely comes into the office.  I think there are a number of requests around this, HR Pro, Non-Job Technician Forms, etc but they dont fully represent all the work flows that could be utilized by enhancing a feature like this.

Element Mist
5 REPLIES 5

JessicaSmith

We book "call customer" jobs (non-opportunities) so the call can happen there and be recorded and there is somewhere for the tech to put his or her time. We have that job type set to not receive notifications

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions

reneem

I love this. Forcing them to do intended behavior saves a lot of follow up time. Voting for this one. And looking into how we can utilize this the way you are!

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

RandiThompson

I like the concept!

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

AdamCronenberg

Service Titan runs their lives, really hoping they can add other functionality that would basically make ST Mobile the only tool our technicians would ever need to use!

Element Mist

JessicaSmith

This one is really well thought out- I love it!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions