Technicians out in field can not close out their invoices or change price or change quantity.

user_b41
New Contributor

My technicians can not close out their invoices or change the price or they cant change quantity. This is going on over three weeks and servicetitan has not resolved the issue nor are they keeping us informed when this issue will be fixed.  This is very disruptive to everyday operations in our company. If they cant do an invoice correctly we can not get paid correctly .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I just had 2 techs reach out because now they cannot close out of their job and I had to do it for them. I am emailing ST support now and mentioning your case number. Thanks for the help!

Khiana Klatt
CSR ServicePlus Heating and Cooling

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

aevanoff
New Contributor

Having the same issue on our end.  We need to close out jobs that have equipment tied to them (New Installs) from the office.  Huge inconvenience to techs and our office staff. 

RyanSM
New Contributor

We are having this same issue on the mobile side.  We regularly have techs that cannot close out of there jobs and we have to do it for them.  Did you ever get a fix on this?

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Support got back to us yesterday and for us it turned out it was an inventory problem. Our techs on mobile couldn't close out of some jobs because it was showing they were at 0 for the materials/equipment they were using at that job (the inventory was not marked as received or transferred to their vehicle). As a result of this, they could not close out and we had to from the office side. I hope this helps. If you have inventory turned on, I would recommend checking to ensure your numbers are correct. I hope this helps!

Khiana Klatt

jsoch
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Closing out the job is very interesting but as far as the editing items in an estimate or changing qty or prices that sounds like it may be a permissions issue. Have been finding on our end whenever there is an update that permissions get reset or changed on our techs and office staff and I am constantly re-doing them. Not sure if this will solve the problem but would be worth checking. 

rycorhva
New Contributor II

My tech have permissions to edit everything also. My company is not the only one experiencing this problem but its not every servicetitan user from what I am understanding.  

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

I just had 2 techs reach out because now they cannot close out of their job and I had to do it for them. I am emailing ST support now and mentioning your case number. Thanks for the help!

Khiana Klatt

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Our tech has permission to edit however, I definitely understand where you are coming from. We definitely have to double check permissions often as well. Thanks for the suggestion! 🙂

Khiana Klatt

Not sure how case numbers work but this is one of my case numbers  02386056 apparently I have multiple open for this issue. 

KhianaKlatt
Valued Contributor II

Last night my tech called me and it was not allowing him to edit the items in an estimate so that he could email them to a client. I checked and on my end I could edit the estimate (add or delete materials) but he could not. I wonder if these two problems are related? Are you having trouble with your techs not being able to edit the estimates while in the field?

Khiana Klatt