iPad vs Tablet using ST Mobile app

lhajhanv
New Contributor II

Hello, I am trying to get some feedback on how effectively an Android tablet works with the ST mobile app.  We have been using iPads, but tablets are less expensive.  Does anyone use tablets in the field?  

Thanks in advance for your feedback. 

Jane H.

8 REPLIES 8

wmanning0
New Contributor

Hi, we use Samsung galaxy A7 lite tablets with T-Mobile plans. There's some really affordable, heavy duty cases with a hand strap and "sling" style straps on Amazon. They've held up great and ran as good as any other device so far.

lhajhanv
New Contributor II

We switched to Samsung tablets.  We will see how it goes.   Thank you for responding. 

jaquelin
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

If you go with a tablet I'd say go with the one TSowerby1 suggested. We use the T227U Tab A 7Lite..All our techs complain so much about the workflow on it. We do have a few iPads, but those are for our sales advisors & our turnover technicians. I do a device check every week and boy do they slow down bad, we get them because they are cheap and a low-cost replacement fee for the techs if they break it. It would be great though if one day we could afford ipads lol I guarantee they would take care of them more. 

lhajhanv
New Contributor II

We have already seen a difference in the operation from the change in devices.  However, techs are hard on devices, and in a construction environment even with device protection gear, iPads are pricey to maintain.  We will see how things go.  

lhajhanv
New Contributor II

thank you for your feedback.  

lhajhanv
New Contributor II

thank you for your feedback.  

TSowerby1

Hi, We use the Galaxy Tab Active Pro tablet.  They are very durable and Service Titan Mobile runs well on them.  The only complaint is Technicians find they are to big if you are up a ladder and trying to take pictures (for commercial garage doors). 

lhajhanv
New Contributor II

Thank you for your feedback.  We are looking at the Samsung tablets.