Improving Service Titan Pricebook Search for Enhanced Field Efficiency

josh_via
New Contributor III

Dear Service Titan Community and/or Design Team,

**BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front):

Our technicians are facing challenges with the current Service Titan search bar, hindering their efficiency in providing estimates and pricing for repair tasks. The verbatim search results and lack of flexibility contribute to frustration and inefficiency. We seek community input and collaboration with the Service Titan design team to enhance the Pricebook search functionality. Let's work together to create a more forgiving and dynamic search experience, similar to popular search engines, ultimately improving the speed and accuracy of information retrieval for our field professionals.**

I wanted to address a common challenge our technicians face in the field when utilizing the Service Titan platform, specifically regarding the search functionality within the Pricebook.

Our technicians play a crucial role in providing estimates and pricing for repair tasks to our valued customers. However, the current state of the Service Titan search bar has posed some frustrations for our field professionals. Unlike a smooth and intuitive search experience, the existing system feels more like a verbatim search result generator, which can be limiting and counterproductive.

Technicians often find themselves in situations where a slight misspelling or deviation from the exact right word results in zero search results. Unlike the user-friendly experience provided by search engines like Google, our technicians are required to navigate through multiple books and categories, making the process less efficient and sometimes discouraging.

I am reaching out to our community and the Service Titan design team to explore opportunities for improvement in the Pricebook search functionality. We believe that enhancing the search results to be more forgiving and dynamic, akin to popular search engines, could significantly increase the speed and accuracy with which our technicians find the information they need.

I invite the community to share experiences and suggestions on how we can optimize the search feature in Service Titan. Have you encountered similar challenges, or do you have insights that could contribute to a more user-friendly search experience?

Stay Inspired and Stay In Touch,

Josh Via
Warner Service

3 REPLIES 3

MirandaMel
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Our techs gravitate towards searching through categories as compared to searching.  But I do agree that the search function not only on mobile but also desktop is frustrating.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

HBromberg

I have created a lot of categories, trying to help them refine their search. It is cumbersome but better.

HBromberg

I agree. The parts lookup function is severly lacking.  I will often enter the exact part description and it will not be the first result returned.  Often results not even closely related are returned.  Absolutely a frustration for techs and office side with techs having to call in.