New to Pricebook

Rachel_B
New Contributor

Hello All,

Just started with my company and my role is to take ownership of our Pricebook. Currently it is unorganized, difficult to use, and missing lots of products/information. Any suggestions on how to get started or resources that would be helpful as I dive in? 

2 REPLIES 2

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Get on the Knowledge base and or Academy (hit the question mark on the top of your ST screen) and search pricebook, going through all that content will give you some base knowledge to start. Also get feedback from your techs on things they feel like are missing or can't find. Techs always love the opportunity to bitch lol 

https://help.servicetitan.com/landing-page/pricebook 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

MirandaMel

Start with your categories first...make sure everything is organized into categories and then start updating things one by one.  Sometimes it is useful to eliminate items that are not being utilized...you can run reports based on items used to narrow down what is currently popular in your pricebook.

A cautionary note, make sure to give your techs a heads up that you are going to be making a lot of updates so that they know to update their pricebook and to not be confused when things are moved around.

A good tool is catalogues from vendors, or even just a spreadsheet with your common items (most vendors should be able to pull up your top purchases) so that you know you should have those in the pricebook.

If you are in the states, pricebook pro might be worthwhile for you to look into as well.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning