Price Builder: Gross Margin and Markup

BDJ
New Contributor III

Client Specific Pricing and Dynamic Pricing use different markup methods. This is confusing. We built dynamic prices using the default option for Gross Margin (which has always been our preferred method). In Client Specific Pricing that option is not available. We have to manually calculate the equivalent Gross Margin in % Markup. It would be helpful if they were the same and both offered Gross Margin...  AND on both Dynamic Pricing and Client Specific Pricing if there were instruction on how % Markup is calculated. (example: % Markup + Cost). 

3 REPLIES 3

RyanGay
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Now that we are talking about this.  It would be great if the commercial product team added dynamic pricing features like Overtime calculations for Nights, Weekends, and Holidays to the Customer Specific Pricing rate sheets...

MadisonChicken

Hey there! We do not use dynamic pricing in my shop. If we did I'm sure I would have more knowledge on the subject. So sorry I can't be of more help! 

Madison Robertson
Chicken Lady Speaks

LBabayan
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @BDJ

Thanks for bringing this topic to our attention! I absolutely agree that the workflow can sometimes be confusing. Let's see if one of our experts can weigh in. @MadisonChicken, have you worked with or have suggestions for Client Specific Pricing and Dynamic Pricing markup methods?