Small Electrical Contractor

TheresaK
New Contributor

Hello, We are a small electrical contracting company with 9 employees.  We are in the process of learning service titan and setting up the price book.   

Our process is Time & Materials.  We do not us flat-rate pricing.

IF there is any electrical contracting business that would be willing to share how you set up your price book and what works best for you, I would GREATLY appreciate any suggestions or help!

WE currently do everything by pen & paper and have never worked with any type of price books.  We look online by the vendor for the parts we need and then request a quote for the customer/work being completed.

IF it would be easier to call - I am Theresa, 715-362-3352 Ext 7   - Our company is in Northern Wisconsin (T.J. De Witt & Company, Inc.)

THANKS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jeremy_Wick
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hey @TheresaK,

The first place I start when setting up a Pricebook is my Vendors.  If you could get your top three vendors to send you a list of your last year - 2 years of purchases, this will populate your materials list.  Since you are using T&M I would advise setting up CSP (Client Specific Pricing) - this is a great way to automate your labour charges.  With CSP you set up your Labour Codes, then you can set your billable rate per code set-up set your mark-ups for material and equipment and ST will develop the Invoice Pricing based on the rules set-up

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TheresaK
New Contributor

Thank You Jeremy-Wick!  Working on getting my vendor's information but believe I have the rest set up! 🙂

Jeremy_Wick

Hey @TheresaK,

The first place I start when setting up a Pricebook is my Vendors.  If you could get your top three vendors to send you a list of your last year - 2 years of purchases, this will populate your materials list.  Since you are using T&M I would advise setting up CSP (Client Specific Pricing) - this is a great way to automate your labour charges.  With CSP you set up your Labour Codes, then you can set your billable rate per code set-up set your mark-ups for material and equipment and ST will develop the Invoice Pricing based on the rules set-up

LBabayan

Welcome to the Community and congrats on your first post, @TheresaK 🎉

Let's see if our Pricebook experts can share some best practices with you to best build up your Pricebook. @Rachel_Young@Sheena_Palacios@Jeremy_Wick