Editing Serial #'s in a customer file when the job has been exported

cccmmascio
New Contributor

Hello all,

I recently have activated serialization for some of our equipment. Since I've done so, I made an error entering a serial #. The job has since been closed and exported, I want to go back and correct the serial # in the customer's file but because the job was exported it does not allow me to do so. I have reached out to customer service and they confirmed once a job is exported, a serial # can not be changed. Being most of the information is being entered by a human, there is always a chance for human error. We have not implemented a scanning process yet, but we plan on it in the future. Scanning should prevent errors like these. Please consider or look into finding a way that the serial #'s can be edited. Thank you in advance for your time and I am hopeful that a solution can be acheived.

4 REPLIES 4

RandiThompson
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

There is a work around if you have have the right permissions. Assuming you are tracking inventory, I would make sure you have the "Allow edit and update of previously exported transactions" permission, delete the equipment off the exported invoice, save and sync, do a negative adjustment for the wrong S#, save, do a positive adjustment for the right S#, then add it back to the exported invoice and save and sync. When I type it out is sounds like a lot of work but its not that bad and if you explain the steps you have to take to whoever is entering the serial numbers maybe/hopefully they will be more careful!! We also audit our invoice before export  and compare serial numbers to the tech pics is one of the steps so we can try to stay ahead of after export fixes. 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

MirandaMel

I would vote for it as well.  I very intentionally do not include serialized inventory inside ST for a few reasons, that would be one of them!

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning

Sheena_Palacios
ServiceTitan Certified Provider
ServiceTitan Certified Provider

Hi @cccmmascio -- I would totally upvote your idea! Why don't you go and post it on the ideas page and repost here so everyone else can too.

- Sheena @ NIFT

Sheena @ NiFT

cccmmascio
New Contributor

*achieved