How Can I Resolve QuickBooks Error PS077 During Payroll Processing?

lokem5
New Contributor

I’m encountering QuickBooks Error PS077 while trying to update payroll. The error message indicates issues with the payroll update process. I’ve attempted to restart QuickBooks and check my internet connection, but the problem persists. Has anyone experienced QuickBooks Error PS077? What steps or solutions can help resolve this issue? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

emalynmuzzy67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error PS077 usually occurs when there are issues with the payroll updates or the QuickBooks Payroll Service. This error can prevent you from accessing or processing payroll functions effectively.

Solutions:

1. Verify Payroll Subscription: Ensure that your payroll subscription is active and up-to-date. You can check this under the "Employees" menu by selecting "Get Payroll Updates."

2. Update QuickBooks: Install the latest QuickBooks updates. Go to "Help" and select "Update QuickBooks" to download and install any available updates.

3. Check Internet Connection: A stable internet connection is required for payroll updates. Verify that your connection is working correctly.

4. Rebuild Data: Run the "Rebuild Data" tool to fix data corruption issues. Go to "File," select "Utilities," then "Rebuild Data."

5. Reset Payroll Subscription: If the above steps don’t work, try resetting your payroll subscription by following the steps in QuickBooks' help resources or contacting support.

If you continue to experience issues, reaching out to QuickBooks support is recommended for more detailed assistance.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

emalynmuzzy67
New Contributor II

QuickBooks Help.png

QuickBooks Error PS077 usually occurs when there are issues with the payroll updates or the QuickBooks Payroll Service. This error can prevent you from accessing or processing payroll functions effectively.

Solutions:

1. Verify Payroll Subscription: Ensure that your payroll subscription is active and up-to-date. You can check this under the "Employees" menu by selecting "Get Payroll Updates."

2. Update QuickBooks: Install the latest QuickBooks updates. Go to "Help" and select "Update QuickBooks" to download and install any available updates.

3. Check Internet Connection: A stable internet connection is required for payroll updates. Verify that your connection is working correctly.

4. Rebuild Data: Run the "Rebuild Data" tool to fix data corruption issues. Go to "File," select "Utilities," then "Rebuild Data."

5. Reset Payroll Subscription: If the above steps don’t work, try resetting your payroll subscription by following the steps in QuickBooks' help resources or contacting support.

If you continue to experience issues, reaching out to QuickBooks support is recommended for more detailed assistance.