Tool Tracking System

AlexPhylactou
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hello all!

Currently this is not offered but maybe in the future it could be an added featured.

I'd love to be able to track tools as assets.

This way they can live on the balance sheet and have traceability of who has it/ used it last/ when it needs to be replaced, etc.

Using the idea from the equipment pricebook, being able to track date of purchase, manufacture warranty, # of times checked out/who checked out last, service records, etc would be very helpful.

How do you all keep track of your tools? I'm currently building out a tool list in SharePoint with a QR code based form that can be filled out on mobile to move us away from a manual spreadsheet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

field_th

I 100% agree with this request. We currently use ToolWatch, but it would be SOOO much better to add inventory items as Tools.

We track lots of tools, even the vehicles that get checked out. When we do an inventory, we include a Tool Watch report with our Material Report and Equipment Report from Service Titan. I am tempted to just create a bunch of ZERO cost equipment Items in the PriceBook, but I would rather this come out in a Feature Release.

Everyone, please vote for this feature 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lcody
New Contributor II

This is a great thought what kind of tools are you trying to place on tool watch? 

Big question is how to do something like this if you are in the back office and cannot see what is happening out in the warehouse or on a truck. From an accounting and asset listing we would label everything with its UPC code so that we had all our assets identified and listed who it was assigned to. From a technical standpoint that is much harder to do because there are tools that get used so much the label would eventually come off. You may can, at onboarding assign specific tools and have a signed agreement X was received. For specialty Equipment that is not a standard item kept on a truck use your PO System so that it tracks which job last used and assigned responsible technician. If you wanted to add a dollar amount to it as a material you could evaluate how many times used and how it paid for itself so if you need to buy more or decide what the quality of life is recommended for said equipment. 

Another idea is to assign a QRC to the equipment to track the location. This is a real item made, we used in freight to track merchandise being shipped from state to state in the event the merchandise was taken. 

field_th

I 100% agree with this request. We currently use ToolWatch, but it would be SOOO much better to add inventory items as Tools.

We track lots of tools, even the vehicles that get checked out. When we do an inventory, we include a Tool Watch report with our Material Report and Equipment Report from Service Titan. I am tempted to just create a bunch of ZERO cost equipment Items in the PriceBook, but I would rather this come out in a Feature Release.

Everyone, please vote for this feature 🙂