Export Customer Data

spinkert
New Contributor

Is there a customer export that provided first and last names separately, instead of just name? I know how to do text to columns but it's a nightmare with over 20k records.

2 REPLIES 2

thoward
New Contributor II

I would export the list to a spreadsheet and then you could use excel to separate them like Adam said.  Here is a link to an article I found that walks through how to do it.  https://www.timeatlas.com/split-names-excel/

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Unfortunately, to me it looks like text to columns with a space as a delimiter may be the best route.  I looked at the customer data set and nothing in there gets entered as a separate field for first name, last name, etc so I dont think there would be a way for Service Titan to pull this data any different you doing it in excel yourself.  I feel your pain for any customers that might have 2 first names or other records dont have a clean customer name on the profile.  Bad data in, bad data out.  We have a customer list report that shows new customers created in the data base that we review regularly to make sure the names match our desired naming conventions so that at least going forward, we have good data.  Hope that helps.  

Element Mist