Filter by First Paid On in accounting reports

bfiess
New Contributor II

Is there a way to filter by First Paid On in accounting reports? Currently the closest thing I can find is to filter by Last Paid On.

I use two reports for reporting sales tax and have them set to filter by Last Paid On, but we report our sales tax by when the customer first pays. Therefore, if a customer first pays in June and pays for a final time in July, I need to report that invoice in my June tax filing. However, they won't show up on my report until July. I'm desperate for this!!!

6 REPLIES 6

AmberC
Contributor II

Give @bfiess a vote here! COMMUNITY-I-1330 ✔️

rstare
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Arg! So typical - one workaround idea always brings up another issue! 😛 I'll go give you a vote!

rstare

Could you do a payments report instead of an invoice report, group by invoice and then sort by payment date? Not exactly the cleanest, but perhaps could get you the data you need

bfiess
New Contributor II

Thank you @rstare for your idea! The challenge with the payment reports is that, within the payment report columns, there aren't the categories I need to filter by. So, while it would work to specifically show those payments, it also brings up more than 100 other customers because I can't filter them out. I did submit this in the Ideas section, so VOTE FOR ME IN 2022!!!  😀😀😀

AmberC
Contributor II

@bfiess Hi there! You're right that there's not currently the option to run a report with "first paid on" options. I double checked all of the report templates to make sure (https://help.servicetitan.com/landing-page/report-templates). I would suggest you submit it in the ideas tab for review! It could be useful to a lot of people and would likely be a quick addition if it got enough support. 🙂

bfiess
New Contributor II

Thank you @AmberC! I did go ahead and submit it in the Ideas section, VOTE FOR ME IN 2022!! 😁😁😁