Job Costing Report

HBromberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Hello All,

I have just started really looking at the job costing report that you can pull on an individual job.  I have noticed that some track labor under the Labor Burden category and some also have a number under the Labor Pay category.

Do I have a setting changed somewhere or different on certain techs?

This is the quick flyout report when you get to a job from the diapatch board, then click on Invoice and then job costing from the side menu.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RandiThompson

The hours should be the same but the amounts would be different. The labor pay is calculating based on the hourly wage set in the profile and the labor burden is the burden rate (overhead cost) you have set in the profile. If the total hours are different  maybe it has something to do with drive time??

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

HBromberg

It was related to having a pay rate on their profile.  I removed those and it seems to be a more accurate reflection of working time.  I need to figure out how to handle dispatch time next.

Thanks!

HBromberg

Thank you!

I guess my next question would be why does it seem like it is doubled for some techs?  For instance i have 7 hours for a tech under labor pay, and that same tech has 6.5 hours under Labor Burden?

But this does not apply to all techs

RandiThompson

The hours should be the same but the amounts would be different. The labor pay is calculating based on the hourly wage set in the profile and the labor burden is the burden rate (overhead cost) you have set in the profile. If the total hours are different  maybe it has something to do with drive time??

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

MirandaMel

I love the job costing flyout!  You need to make sure you have both a labour pay rate and burden rate set for each technician under their profiles in order for the numbers to populate properly.

Miranda Melnychuk, RSE
Acclaimed! Heating Cooling and Furnace Cleaning