Lead Opportunities Double Counting

AdamCronenberg
ServiceTitan Certified Administrator

Please vote for this idea if you like it and get your friends to upvote it as well!!!

COMMUNITY-I-2117

When we are looking at company wide close rates and opportunity job averages, jobs created from technician leads double count. It would be nice to be able to have Service Titan back these out when looking at the dashboard to more accurately record close rates but then still be able to see individual close rates when drilling down to a specific business unit or technician.

Let me walk you through the issue here and how the current ST Dashboard handles this situation. We have a tech that is going on a new toilet install job and sells the toile. Nice work to that tech and he is 1 for 1 on that job. While he is at the property, he starts cross selling the other trades from his company (Rockstar tech here) and notices the customer has an old HVAC unit and convinces the customer to book a new job (Lead Turnover) for a comfort advisor to come and look at the HVAC unit. Regardless of what happens on that HVAC consultation, the Company as a whole is now either 1 for 2 or 2 for 2 as it counts both jobs as opportunities and this also then drags down opportunity job average any other metrics. That being said, we don't want to no-charge the HVAC consultation by default as we want to track how well our comfort advisors are closing leads as well as how quality the leads our comfort advisors are turning over. With the tech not turning over the lead, the company as a whole would be 1 for 1 and have a much higher opportunity job average even though that isn't necessarily what we want as we are hoping techs turn over leads (good leads that is). My ask is here that when looking at the company as a whole, that Tech Generated leads are backed out of the total sales opportunities, conversion rate, and Opportunity job averages but are still kept at the local technician performance summary and maybe even Business Unit Summary level for reporting purposes so we don't give that tech or business unit an automatic pass, but don't also punish our numbers for techs turning over leads.  @TFreeman  

Element Mist
4 REPLIES 4

CodyWans
New Contributor II

We have this issue also. Unfortunately for us, our marketing managers use these false numbers to determine the amount of marketing funding we are entitled to. Which is really messing up our leads. We need accurate data!

reneem

Interesting way to track. There are so many darn ways its overwhelming. Voted. anything more customized i am all for.

Renee Lenox - Service Specialties Inc. | LadyTitans Board Member

RandiThompson

The struggle is real! 

Randi Thompson
Bill Joplin's Air Conditioning & Heating

JessicaSmith

Yep. I'm with you!

Jessica Woodruff Smith, LadyTitans Co-Founder & Process Manager at AirWorks Solutions